My Journey to Hand Painting My Shoes :))

I miss being an artist :((

I miss holding my pencil and techpen, sketching my own anime characters and colouring them either traditionally (in coloured pencil / poster paint) or digitally (using Photoshop, of course.) But as for my busy lifestyle today, I hardly find time to do these stuffs again—my first love, my passion, my own self reflection.

One fine day, I was digging over our boxes of old clothes when I found a white sneakers which belonged to my mom. It was still in good condition, slightly used perhaps, with a few little stains and yellowing on some parts, so I definitely asked her if I could just take it. I washed it out but somehow, it didn't remove the stains anymore. Then a bright idea (perhaps colourful idea) came into my mind, "Hey, why don't I paint and customize it? Well, it's been years since I held a brush, so why don't I try it... again?" :))


Brand: United Colors of Benetton
Colour: White (It looks off-white in personal actually)
Condition: Slightly Used



I cannot remove these stubborn stains anymore, even if I tried using bleach.

Now, let me take you to my journey of Hand Painting my own shoes. Yikes! ♥

Here's What You'll Need:
  • Canvas Shoes (Old or Brand new, really doesn't matter)
  • Acrylic Paint: White (For base colour)
  • Acrylic Paint: Assorted Colours (This will depend on your own design)
  • Paint Brushes: In different tip sizes
  • Masking Tape
  • Old newspaper

Procedure:
1. Make sure that the shoes is clean, or at least, no dusts.

2. Cover the edges of the canvas with masking tape, this is to prevent you from accidentally painting areas which shouldn't be painted. (REMEMBER! It's acrylic paint we are using in here, so it's no washable!)


3. Start painting in a small corner first with our base colour, which is white. This is to make sure that the paint's compatible with the canvas. Once it's okay, then we can paint it all over. You can use an old newspaper/magazine so your working area won't be too messy.



4. Don't get too excited or hurry too much when painting. We have to paint each and every part, and even the edges properly and evenly. This is a piece of art, so this must be meticulously executed! LOL! XD

5. After finishing the base paint for each pair, let it dry overnight.

Alright then! we're not finished yet with our shoe hand painting. I'll let you hangin' first, as I still need to make a draft of the design to be done, and buy the colours to be used.

TIP: Acrylic Paints are never cheap, so we can just buy the 3 primary colours (red, blue, yellow) + black and white to create lotsa hues and shades. We just need to mix in the colours, and add in a little creativity + imagination. (Remember what your elementary arts teacher was teaching you with water colour?)

'Till my next blogpost! ♥♥♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©johanDee/ © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops