KDrama Review: Love Story of Kang Chi :))



On the spotlight: Gu Family Book (Love Story of Kang Chi) XD

I am not a fan of fantasy and magical dramas, but this show certainly caught my attention right away. I first saw this aired in ABS-CBN and started watching the tagalized version since luckily, I was in the morning shift at that time. Well, one of the primary reasons why I watch Koreanovelas is because of the (*ehem*) “good-looking” actors and actresses. Oops! No offense to all Lee Sung Ki fans, he’s cute in his own way but for me, his looks are not that dazzling (sorry :’<). Anyway, the leading lady is pretty and strong at least, and I love her character here ☺

Promotional ABS-CBN poster


What I like the best about this drama? Well, the story line. Since I couldn't contain myself waiting for this to be aired everyday, I decided to buy a dvd and watch this. LOL. Even my 6-year old niece was watching with me (and my mom as well), as they also found the story nice. The acting was all good, from comedy to drama to even romance… No wonder this K-drama really became a big hit, although the title itself was somehow not justified much in the story. Yes, they tackled about the Gu Family Book but the story didn't evolve on this further; I believe “Love Story of Kang Chi” is a way better than its original title. LOL

Chung Jo and Kang Chi at the Hundred Year Inn

Alright. It’s not a typical love story where in boy meets girl; they fell in love and then the end. Kang Chi was in love with another girl named Chung Jo in the beginning of the story. She knew that Kang Chi liked her but I dunno if she also had the same feelings for him, although there was a scene where in she kissed him on the cheeks (see above photo). Yikes But after a family tragedy, she was forced to become a gisaeng and there she realized her true feelings for him. Unfortunately, when it happened, Kang Chi was already falling in love with another girl named Yeo Wool, who whole heartedly accepted Kang Chi even though he was a divine creature that many people are afraid of.


>>>DISCLAIMER: (Info taken from DramaWiki)<<<

Details:
 
  • Title: 구가의 (九家 ) / Gugauiseo
  • Also Known as: Ancient Medical Book / The Writings of Nine Houses / Book of the House of Gu / Kang Chi, the Beginning / Love Story of Kang Chi
  • Genre: Fantasy, Human, Melodrama, Historical, Romance
  • Episodes: 24
  • Broadcast Network: MBC
  • Broadcast Period: 2013-Apr-08 to 2013-Jun-25
  • Original Soundtrack: Gu Family Book OST

Summary: 

Trailer c/o MissGlitterBox

A melodrama epic about the great deal of trouble Choi Kang Chi, born as a half-human-half-mythical-creature (or human werefox half-breed), who goes through in order to become human and a story of Choi Kang Chi's journey of struggling in order to live more like a human than anyone else despite not being able to become human.


Wul Ryung and Seo Hwa (Kang Chi's parents)



Kang Chi in his Gumiho form

Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Ki) is the son of Gu Wol Ryung (Choi Jin Hyuk), the guardian spirit (werefox) of Jiri Mountain, and Yoon Seo Hwa (Lee Yeon Hee/Yoon Se Ah), his human mother. He was raised by the Park family after having been picked up from the river. Due to customary restrictions of the era he is adopted by manager Choi instead, however Park Moo Sol takes on the role of being Kang Chi's main father figure. Kang Chi is an outspoken character who's full of curiosity. He realizes that he's a half-human-half-beast through a certain incident and starts living his second life.


Yeo Wool's smile (so charming! <3)

Dam Yeo Wool (Bae Suzy) is a master of martial arts and archery. Yeo Wool is an upright character who really values the Three Bonds and Five Relationships in Confucianism, and becomes an instructor at a martial arts center at a young age.


"The peach tree with crescent moon hanging from it, is a bad sign for you miss...
No matter what, you must run away from the soul mate you will meet there"


So, here we go... :P
Enjoy the pics, 'till my next blogpost! :))

Haha and then again... I can't understand the Korean characters. LOL

Kang Chi and Gon quarreling for the nth time...

Oh man! I know you're startled, Kang Chi. That chick is definitely no other than Yeo Wool. Yikes! <3

See? <3

Wit wiw! :D

I wish I could be this pretty when I sleep. LOL

Okaaaayyy! The controversial kissing scene. HAHAHA.

Pizza partey off cam :))

The story's main antagonist. So evil.
I wonder why it took for so long before you died, you wicked being?! LOL

Lee Sung Ki as Cha Dae Woong in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho :))

Bae Suzy as Go Hye-mi in Dream High :))

Main Casts in their Promotional Event

Till my next blogpost! ♥♥♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©johanDee/ © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops